Frequently Asked Questions
- Does UdonSharp Support X feature?
- Are prefabs supported fully?
- Can I access the player camera?
- Can I have more than one UdonSharp Udon Behavior on a GameObject?
- I'm starting from scratch and need to use C# tutorials. What common aspects of C# don't work in UdonSharp?
Does UdonSharp support X feature?
If Udon supports it, then so does UdonSharp.
Check Class exposure tree
Are prefabs supported fully?
You can use prefabs with Udon and U#, but changes to serialized fields on those prefabs will not propagate to instances of the prefab correctly due to limitations in Unity.
Can I access the player camera?
No, you can not access the player's camera. You can, however, get the head position and rotation.
Vector3 headPos = localPlayer.GetTrackingData(TrackingData.Head).position
Can I have more than one UdonSharp Udon Behavior on a GameObject?
I'm starting from scratch and need to use C# tutorials. What common aspects of C# don't work in UdonSharp?
If you are learning UdonSharp and not familiar with C# already, you may run across some commonly used techniques that don't work in Udon and UdonSharp yet. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Enums not already defined by Unity
- Generic classes (
Class<T>) and methods
- Method overloads
The UdonSharp readme lists additional specific C# features that do not work.